How to set Product Price up to 3 decimal places
To set the currency format into 3 decimal places for "Product Price" you need to do the following -
- Go to Control Panel
- Double click "Regional and Language Options"
- At the Regional Options tab, click "Additional settings..." button
- And then click the "Currency" tab
- Click drop down button at the "No. of digits after decimal"
- Click OK
- Click OK
Then you need to update the CURRENCY.XML file manually:
The changes to currency.xml are not checked into SF. This needs to be done manually by the merchant because if it was in there by default, then prices will have 3 decimal places for all ShopFactory users, which is not the usual case. Most merchants only use the 2 decimal places format.
Edit the currency.xml file in SF for this to take effect.
- Edit the currency.xml so that the currency has the “SignificantDigits” attribute set to 3.
- Open Windows Explorer and at the "Address: " bar, type
C:\Program Files (x86)\ShopFactory V14\ShopFactory\
- Press ENTER key from your keyboard.
- At the contents pane, locate the file called "Currency.xml"
- Right-click on the Currency.xml file and from the shortcut menu, select Open With...-> Notepad.
- The Currency.xml file will show in Notepad as plain text.
- Press CTRL + F and type EUR or whatever your currency is
- Click NEXT and edit ALL SignificantDigits instances to 3
- Find "EUR", for example -> then change the value at SignificantDigits="
- Click “Find Next” until all the instance has been changed accordingly, such as "EUR" SignificantDigits="3"
- Once finished, close Notepad.
- open the shop project in SF and re-select the currency in "Central dropdown -> Currencies accepted" for this to take effect.
- enter the price with 3 decimal places
- Save and preview shop.